Saturday 27 July 2013

Nail Art


Today I took Sydney with me to see Tammy, my sweet esthetician who has known me for as long as I've lived in Vancouver. 

Sydney loves coming with me to Tammy's because she always gets a special treat, her toe nails painted.

Today she chose a rainbow of colours and got each toenail painted a different shade along with a few white spots on her big toes.  I was teasing her that she had toadstool toes!


Syd has a very bad habit of biting her fingernails down to nubs!  We have tried a variety of different strategies to get her to stop to no avail.  We finally came up with the idea that if she stopped biting her nails for a week we would make a special appointment for her to see Tammy for her very own manicure to get her nails painted pretty.

So today while I was chatting with Tammy I told her about the deal that we had with Sydney, which she had yet to keep...  I love that Tammy is a seasoned Mom and often gives me great advice that she's learned along the way about raising kids.  She apparently had the same nail biting issue with her daughter and instead of waiting for her to stop, she painted her nails so pretty that she never wanted to bite them again!

So I figured it was worth a try, Syd got the most beautiful pink nails with gold glitter and black stripes.  She was thrilled!



And she has gone a full day without biting her nails as she thinks they are so pretty and doesn't want to wreck them.  Plus Tammy told her the nail polish was poison and that she didn't want to eat it!  Seems to have worked so far.

I took Syd out for a little nature walk tonight before bed.  We wandered up and down a few back alleys collecting some beautiful wild flowers and made a lovely bouquet for our kitchen.


Syd found herself a wooden walking stick as well, a sturdy branch that made the perfect cane!  She just had to bring it home!  She told me she was sure that Daddy needed it for his garden!


Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment