Tuesday 9 July 2013

Perfect Summer Days


The past couple of days have been the warmest yet, it certainly feels like we are in the thick of summer!


Yesterday we met up with our preschool friends Marcy, Leo and Tessa and Carrie, Yael and Jonah at the Emma Lea Farms on Westham Island for a day of berry picking.




The kids loved that they could ride in wagons out to the berry patch.




We hit up the raspberry patch first.



Then couldn't resist getting a few of the first crop of blueberries.





The kids loved playing in the new playground and on the tractor and then having an ice cream before we called it a day.



I couldn't resist getting myself a smoothie made with berries that were fresh picked just minutes before!  It was so yummy!


Today we spent the day with Sydney's friend Jack while his parents were with family at a funeral.  Jack and Syd are fast becoming like brother and sister with the amount of time they spend together, they even squabble just like siblings, it's quite cute!

Christina made a batch of flubber for the kids to play with, they loved it!


Then we played a new board game that Jack got for his birthday.


It was a great day together with the kids!

Alexa came over to watch Sydney tonight for a bit while Paul and I went out for a walk and dinner.  She and Sydney worked on a very fun craft, painted aprons with fabric paint, one for Syd and one for her friend Emma.


Syd drew me the cutest picture while I was gone, love the rainbow!





My friend Christina brought me over the most beautiful delicate yellow orchid plant the other day to thank me for watering her flowers while she was away.  I absolutely love it, in fact, so did Syd, I couldn't get a picture of it without her jumping in on the shot!!



We are so enjoying these perfect summer days!

No comments:

Post a Comment