Thursday 8 August 2013

A Garden Party


This afternoon Sydney and I had the pleasure of having our friends Lori, Weston and Gwendolyn and Christina and Jack over for lunch in our backyard.

I had a vision of having a lovely garden party complete with fresh summer linens and bouquets of garden flowers strewn about.  It was fun getting everything set up!




We had a great visit together in the sun while the kids played in the back yard.  Lori and Christina are two of my closest and dearest Mom friends and I love when we get time together to connect.


I love this shot of Sydney and Weston sitting on the stairs together just chilling.


Christina brought me a jar of blackberry jam that she bought when we were out at the Krause Berry Farms in Langley.  She wrapped it beautifully in cellophane and put some fresh lavender from her garden in it, gorgeous!


We've so been enjoying summer camp at Christianne's Lyceum.  We are progressively building a masterpiece as the week goes on and today we made a bunch of flowers out of Sculpy, Syd really enjoyed it and I love how her flowers turned out!


We spent an afternoon swimming at Kits Beach pool yesterday with our friends Mike, Sarah and Emma, Mel and Logan.


It was fun to splash in the water!  I simply can't remember a summer when the weather has been so consistently nice for so long.  It's amazing, feels like we've been on vacation for weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment