Friday 2 August 2013

A Tea Party


I spent the day at Paul's office today helping out while his receptionist is on vacation.  I always enjoy the chance to have a day at work, it's a nice change from spending every day at home!

Sydney spent the day with Alexa and I told her that when I got home in the afternoon we would do something special together so when I arrived home we headed upstairs to see our sparse summer bucket list to see what adventures were waiting to be completed yet this summer.

Sydney decided that she wanted to pull out the fancy tea cups and have a proper tea party in the backyard.


So we set up these beautiful heart tea cups that my friend Lori gave me when her daughter was born to thank us for our help around that time.  I love them, they are so special to me and will always remind me of sweet Gwen's arrival.



We draped a little table in the tablecloth that Paul's patient brought us from India and set it up all pretty with our bouquet of wild flowers and a bowl of the fresh berries that we picked yesterday at the berry farm along with some very special biscuits that we bought just for the occasion!



Sydney was so sweet sitting like a little lady sipping her "tea" and eating her biscuit.  At one point she sighed and said, "So Mom, what's new to you?" which is her famous conversation starter.  We had a lovely chat and enjoyed our tea and a special mother-daughter moment together!


May we have many, many more tea parties together, my girl and I!

No comments:

Post a Comment