Friday 16 August 2013

Camp Week


I am hearing murmurs from every direction these days about going back to school.  By my count we still have at least two full weeks left in the summer but somehow with the change in weather this week, and all of this chatter about school supplies, ideas for lunch kits and new runners and back packs I'm starting to feel a little like summer is fast slipping away on us!

Sydney finished up her last day of British Soccer Camp today.  She participated on and off for the past three days, we made some progress and she seems to have some natural abilities when it comes to ball handling!  After a slow start I am pleased to say we finished with a bang!


At the end of the day Sydney's coach who flew in all the way from Manchester, England, Coach Chris, gave each of them a report card along with a t-shirt and signed each of their soccer balls.



Syd had a big smile on her face when I read her report card to her:

Sydney,

Fantastic job this week at camp!  You have always had a smile on your face all week which is great to see.  I'm glad I got to see you play some of the games this week where you showed some great dribbling skills!

Keep Kicking!

Coach Chris


Sydney spent an afternoon yesterday with my friend Christina at her yoga camp.  I love that she put her yoga mat right up against Christina's so that she could be as close to her as possible.  She is like a second Mom to Syd and I love it!

This afternoon while Christina was teaching camp I watched her son Jack so that he and Syd could have some time to play together.

While Jack was napping Syd did a little painting in the backyard.


And I enjoyed how beautiful Christina's garden is right now.  Just can't get over this amazing Hibiscus tree!



And the figs, tomatoes, apples and pumpkin!





Syd and Jack spent quite some time picking all the ripe cherry tomatoes fresh off the vine!

Every morning this week when Syd has woken up she's asked me if she could go to the Dutch Paneokoek House for breakfast so this morning I obliged and we had a special breakfast together before heading out to soccer camp.


It was a great week of camp and fun to try something new!






No comments:

Post a Comment