Saturday 10 August 2013

Endless Summer


It honestly feels as though it may never rain again.  The weather has been so hot and dry for so long now that I actually found myself dreaming of a cool damp day the other day!  I quickly realized what I was thinking and remembered to be grateful for one of the best summers that I can remember in all the years I've lived in Vancouver!

Our day brought an unexpected spontaneous visit with my cousin Melanie and Aunt Trish who were in town this morning.  We met for coffee and had a great visit together, it was so nice to connect with them and catch up on how their summer has been.

Sydney finished up her last day of the 'Make your Own Masterpiece' camp at the Lyceum yesterday and proudly brought home her finished product.


It's very cool looking, I love the super long stamens that she made on her flowers!  This is one masterpiece that is best admired from afar for safety's sake!


Sydney spent some time with Alexa yesterday while Paul and I were out at a meeting.  Syd has been dying to make a fort for the longest time as she and Paul had been talking about how he used to make them when he was a kid, so when we got home we found a craftily constructed fort in our living room.  Sydney pulled some snacks inside and got her toy microwave oven to pretend that it was a TV.  She was pretty thrilled!


They also did a little outdoor painting together in the back yard.  Kind of a nice way to spend a warm summer's evening.


This afternoon after piano lessons Sydney decided to fill up both of her swimming pools and go for a double dip.


We cracked out the mini ice cream sandwich makers that my sister gave me for my birthday last year and finally got around to trying them out.

First you start with some freshly baked cookies.


Then you get your moulds.  They come in three shapes, a star, a heart and a circle.


You cut out one cookie, spoon in some ice cream and cut out another cookie on top then twist out the cutest little ice cream sandwich you ever did see!


Delicious and adorable!

Syd and I picked another beautiful bouquet of wild flowers today while walking home today. We are so enjoying this seemingly endless summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment