Tuesday 27 August 2013

Girls Shopping Trip


One of the things I love the most about having a daughter is sharing times together doing things that we both love doing.  Sydney and I love to bake together, do crafts, go for lunch, visit friends and, above all, shop!

Today I booked off the entire day for a special shopping trip in Bellingham for Sydney and I.  We woke up late, lazed around the house for a while and got on the road way later than I was planning.  I wasn't feeling too hopeful that we would accomplish too terribly much shopping but boy did Sydney prove me wrong!

I was determined that this time I was going to buy a few things for myself as I typically end up buying so much for Sydney and the household.  I decided that our first stop would be Ross Dress for Less, a store that I loved shopping at much in the past and haven't been to in years since Sydney's been born.


It did not disappoint!  I came away with four pairs of shoes, including some amazing Coach wedges and a gorgeous Ralph Lauren little black dress along with a new pair of designer sunglasses.

Sydney had a blast bombing throughout the store and decided to pick out some new rainbow coloured hairbands and elastics for herself!


After all those great finds we headed to Olive Garden for lunch.  We enjoyed a wonderful lunch together and rested up for the second half of our day!


After lunch we were off to Target which is literally Sydney's favourite store in the entire world.  She talks about it all the time and asks me to go at least once a week!


We picked up some pretty cute Minnie Mouse shoes for Syd there along with heaps of cheap back to school supplies for our craft cupboard.


We spent a fair amount of time wandering through Bellis Fair mall where I picked up yet another two pairs of shoes to make my total count for the day an even half dozen.


We ended our day off with a trip to Trader Joe's to stock up on all our faves there and then headed to Panda Express for dinner before heading home late in the day.


Syd was a rock star all day long!  She was so well behaved and happy and had such fun shopping with me, it really was such a special day together.  As she dozed off in the backseat on the way home I looked at her little face in the rear view mirror and thought about how lucky I am to have her as my best friend and daughter and to share such wonderful, special times together with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment