Tuesday 27 August 2013

Last Week of Summer


There's a distinct nip in the air these days, I can feel it, fall is coming fast!  I always feel a little wistful saying goodbye to summer but autumn is my favourite season ever, I love the leaves changing colours, bundling up in sweaters and boots and all the newness that September brings.

We have slowed down the past few days as we enjoy our last few days of August together.  Here's what we've been up to for the past few days.

Playtime



Sydney and I met up with Emma and Sarah at Kits beach playground to play.  I love that Syd insisted upon wearing her bathing suit to the playground!  She loved digging around in the sand pit, I swear she thought she was on the beaches of Maui!

Ice Cream Time

Syd has such a sweet tooth, she absolutely adores anything sweet and sugary and especially anything chocolate.  I don't often stock sugary sweets in the house but I do keep a tub of Chapman's frozen dutch chocolate yogurt in the freezer at all times because it's Paul's favourite, so it often ends up being a treat for Syd.  The other day I opened the freezer and saw this:


Syd thought it was so funny that Daddy had left her a note on his ice cream!

Aquarium Time

We met up with our friends Amanda, Addi and Sienna at the aquarium late last week.  The girls had such a great time watching the dolphin show, checking out their favourite fish there and taking in the Jelly Invasion exhibits.






Amanda and Sienna even played "Jelly Factor", a game show like Jeopardy, aquarium style!



Pottery Camp

Syd finished up her pottery camp last week.  Alexa took her to her final class where they got to bring home all of the artwork that they did after they had finished making their projects for the day!



Ladner Farmers Market

Yesterday, Paul, Syd and I headed out to the Ladner Farmers Market for the afternoon after I did a lovely hour and a half bike ride through the endowment lands with my friends Liz and Sally.  We so enjoyed looking at all of the lovely produce, handmade goods and baking that they had!

Sunflowers

This afternoon while I was out I couldn't resit buying myself some beautiful orange sunflowers.  I have wanted a bouquet of them all summer long, they are gorgeous!






Dinner with Zach


Had a great dinner and visit with Zach tonight when he came over to spend the evening with us.  Syd was so excited to see him she literally shrieked at the door when she saw him!


Parcels Galore

Syd and I drove down to Point Roberts this morning to fetch some parcels waiting there for us.  Exciting stuff, Syd's Abby Caddaby Halloween costume, a box full of birthday party supplies and her new Hello Kitty backpack for school.







When we got home we found another parcel on the front porch, a pile of back to school clothes from Old Navy.  Syd was delighted to unpack each item one by one!






Glass Beads


Syd and Alexa had the best time playing with a bucket of glass beads that I had lying around.  I walked in to my office this afternoon to find this.






They had made a giant person with the beads, it was so cute!


Dinner with the Dunbar Families

Christina invited all of the Dunbar families over yesterday night for a play and dinner, we ordered Chinese takeout and so enjoyed it and had a great time together there and playing in the park next door.






Hoping to squeeze in a few more summer memories this week while we can!

No comments:

Post a Comment