Sunday 11 August 2013

Welcoming Little Luke


This afternoon I, along with my cherished group of Dunbar Mommas, got together at my friend Lori's house to host a baby shower to welcome a new babe into our group.  Our friend Liz had sweet Luke a few weeks short weeks ago.


He is such a precious little boy and slept like a lamb all throughout his party!


Lori, Michelle and I had such fun decorating the house today with all sorts of beautiful decorations including this hand made banner.




I absolutely loved the bouquets of white hydrangeas from Lori's garden that graced the table.


My friend Michelle made the most adorable cake for the occasion.


I especially loved the little footprints and the baby which she made by hand with fondant and gum paste!  She even lovingly painted the hair colour on him!  Amazing!


She also made this beautiful keepsake box for Liz to store momentos from today.


We gave Liz a collective gift of a new baby monitor along with a basket of chocolates for her and her husband to enjoy.



We had a lovely lunch together and then toasted Liz and all the things we love about her with champagne and cake!


Michelle sent us home with a little takeaway bag filled with a wee bottle of champagne, handmade sugar cookies that spelled out Luke's name, handmade chocolate lollipops and a stainless steel rub-a-way bar from Crate and Barrel.  We were spoiled indeed!



What a memorable afternoon it was!

I had to laugh late this morning when the skies opened up and it started to rain like a monsoon with thunder and lightening after writing my post yesterday about endless summer. 


It was pretty funny!  Although by 2:00 this afternoon we were back to beautiful sunny skies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment