Saturday 7 September 2013

An Afternoon with Janice


Late yesterday I got a text from my sister asking me if I was planning to head to a block long garage sale in our neighborhood that was taking place early this morning.  She is on the hunt for some specific items for her new classroom and I am keen to help her find some great deals on stuff to fill her shelves!

Problem was, Sydney and I had been invited to her buddy Marcus' birthday party this morning and I wasn't sure how we were going to squeeze all of it in.  But Momma likes a challenge, so we left a few minutes early and hit up the garage sale, moving from lawn to lawn at top speed picking up a few great things for Liane's classroom along the way.

I even managed to get myself a little something, this beautiful vintage necklace:


Not sure what the stone is, or if it's real gold or not, but at $2 it was a deal I couldn't resist and is oh so pretty on!

We made it to the party a cool few minutes late and had a wonderful time celebrating both Marcus and his little brother Nicholas' September birthdays together.



Katrin's Mom always makes the most amazing food for their parties and today was no exception!


I loved the Lego themed cupcakes that they made too!


On the way home we zipped by another garage sale in the neighborhood, got another load of stuff for Liane and a couple of fun things for Sydney too.

A new leap pad complete with over seven books and cartridges all held in it's very own backpack!


And a game of Bananagrams which Sydney absolutely loves!  She is so into letters and words and spelling things these days that these Scrabblesque pieces are just perfect for her!


We got home just in time to meet up with my friend Janice who is in town visiting for the weekend.  Sydney and Dad spent a little time together hitting up Kerrisdale Days while Janice and I took the opportunity to visit and spend some quality time shopping together.

We hit up South Granville and had such fun looking at all the shops.  I, of course, never leave empty handed and got myself a few great things at West Elm, Pottery Barn and Williams Sonoma!

By far the most fun purchase was this new bath mat from Pottery Barn Kids for Sydney's bathroom.  She has been asking me forever to get her a kids bath mat and I couldn't believe how excited she was to have it!  It was very cute!


Was so lovely to catch up with Janice today and to send her home with a bundle of stuff that Sydney has outgrown for her sweet Josie!

What a perfect Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment