Monday 16 September 2013

Conversations


I was thinking the other day about when Sydney was approaching her second birthday how she was only saying a dozen or so words. I would lie awake in bed sometimes wondering if she was on track with her speech.  What needless time spent worrying that was!  She has grown into such a chatterbox that it is sometimes exhausting listening to her all day and engaging her in conversation with rarely a break!

I love having conversations with Sydney, knowing what's going on in her mind and hearing how much she understands the world around her.

A while ago I bought a book called "Q&A a day for 365 Days" which is a daily journal that prompts you with a question to ask your child and you jot their answer down in the book.  Some of her answers are hysterical and touching.

Here's a sampling of some of her latest answers:

Q - If you could be the best in the world at something, what would it be?
A - The best dancer and the best skater

Q - What would you like to learn to do?
A - I would like to learn to skate and write properly and be a good piano player

Q - Would you rather travel back in time or go to outer space?  Why?
A - No, I would like to stay inside because I like to stay with my Momma

Q - What rules at home seem silly to you?
A - Mommy says "No climbing on the drawers" but my Daddy lets me

Q - Whom do you like to hug?  Why?
A - Momma, I like to kiss her because she's my favourite Mom in the world

Q - Are you a leader or a follower?
A - I follow my Mom because I love her.  I don't want my Mom to run away because she's my special Mom in the world

Q - What makes you nervous?
A - Climbing up so high makes me nervous

Q - What do you do if someone won't share?
A - I ask them again and again and again and if they won't give it to me I just play with another toy

Q - What is the best thing about being a grown up?
A - Getting to have babies and Mommy can hold them and Mommy can buy them new clothes and I can exercise and Mommy can babysit them and take them for a walk

Q - What did you used to dislike but like now?
A - I didn't like TV when I was a baby - I like it now.  When I was a baby I didn't like my car seat but now I like it.


Then tonight, out of the blue, Syd comes up to me and says "Mom, when I'm a bigger girl can you help me find a really good husband?"  I answered "Sure" then she said: "We can knock on every door and ask anyone if they have two husbands, one extra one for me!"

I almost died laughing, what a girl.  Long may she chat!


No comments:

Post a Comment