Monday 2 September 2013

Hello September


And just like that, over a very mellow weekend, summer slipped away and here we are into the first week of September.  Although Sydney doesn't go back to preschool for another couple of weeks it still feels very much like the end of our summer of fun!

We managed to scratch a whole bunch of items off our summer bucket list and have the remaining few fun things scheduled for the weeks ahead.


I love how every time we completed an item off our bucket list this summer Syd would take the sticky off our list and put it on the side of her dresser.  Many times throughout the summer she would be found reading the stickies to see what we'd done so far.  It is inspiring enough to almost make a fall bucket list!

September started off on a rough note for me as I went to bed on Saturday night feeling like I was coming down with something and have spent the past couple of days fighting off what feels like the flu, fever, achy joints, splitting headache.  It made for a super mellow long weekend just hanging around close to home.

Poor Sydney was feeling housebound, being that the weather was so amazing and all, so I decided to drag myself to the park with her so she could play a while and get some fresh air.  Not having the strength to walk, I started driving towards our favourite park when Syd announced that she wanted to go to a park that we had never been to before.

So I drove around Point Grey for a while until we landed at a great park at 8th and Trimble that we had never had the pleasure of playing at before.


She had a great time!

After a summer of construction, our new storage room is finally complete in our lower level.  During the moments when I did have some energy, Paul and I managed to set up the new stainless steel shelving in the room and move the contents of our existing pantry onto said shelves.


I was so happy to see everything all neatly lined up and organized and I love that I can now keep way better track of how much of what I have and what I need to stock up on!

Hope you had a wonderful long weekend welcoming September in!

No comments:

Post a Comment