Sunday 22 September 2013

High Tea


This afternoon Sydney and I spent a very special time together doing something that I had promised her we'd do way back at the beginning of summer, go for high tea.


Sydney loves having little tea parties with her toy tea sets and I knew that she'd love having the real experience.  We invited her friend Kaitlyn and her Mommy Liz to come along with us to Butter Tea Room on Dunbar.



The girls got dressed up in sweet dresses and each got their own tea pot filled with water or milk along with a tray stacked with specially made sandwiches and treats for them to enjoy.


Sydney loved the little cucumber sandwiches and especially devoured the sweets at the top of her tray!


Liz and I got a beautiful assortment of sandwiches, scones and desserts as well and so enjoyed the amazing tea and service.



It was such a magical time with the girls.  They were both so well behaved and such little ladies at our very own tea party.

Liz brought a special present for each of the girls, a beautifully jewelled butterfly hair clip.  So sweet!


I left thinking 'May this the first of many, many times I have high tea with my sweet girl!'

No comments:

Post a Comment