Tuesday 24 September 2013

Little Things


Little things make me ridiculously happy.  Like a walk through Pier 1 Imports today.  They have the most amazing things for your home in fall motif.  I could have bought a thousand things but settled for a couple of fun things to complete decking our house out for autumn's arrival.


These leaf placemats are so cool, love them!


And of course a bowl full of sparkly wire and glass balls in fall colours brightens up our formal living room.


Couple these additions with the existing decorations and we're fully into Autumnal Bliss around here!





Some other little things that are making me smile this week:

Soccer


Sydney started soccer for the first time this past weekend.  She has been really challenging with her scheduled activities since they've started again this fall.  Things that she previously loved and participated in, swimming, gymnastics and yoga have been an struggle week after week to get her to participate.  I was fully anticipating the same attitude with soccer but she pleasantly surprised me when she participated for almost the entire hour.

She and I got matching t-shirts and one for Daddy too to wear when we're on the field with her, it's super cute!





When she got home she drew this and told me it was the kids on the soccer teams in their different coloured t-shirts!



Zucchini


My sister gave me this enormous zucchini from her garden the other day, it is seriously the size of my arm!  I have been gathering numerous recipes thinking of ways to use it up and started with one of my all time favourites on the weekend, zucchini pancakes.


Artwork

Oh the artwork...everyday Sydney comes home from school with another stack of beauties.  Here's a few of her latest including some pretty good practice writing that she did today!  She just learned about exclamation marks at school this morning so she had the best time using them in her writing.










Daddy


Sydney is becoming such a Daddy's girl lately.  It's so fun to see her bonding so much with Dad or "Daddy-O-Gabba" as she likes to call him.  She has this very funny routine everyday where she sends Paul a text while he's at work from my phone that reads much like this:

sdinongnsgionsgk
soifdnng
sydney
sdidiey
mom
ssoigqe[poem
yoga
xo  sydney

Then she waits with the phone in her hand for a reply from Paul which often looks like this:

xo  Daddy

Precious!

600





Today marks my 600th blog entry!  Amazing!  Thank you for reading and sharing our lives in this space.


Loving the little things today!

No comments:

Post a Comment