Monday 30 September 2013

My Day


Today is my 38th birthday.  I feel as though I have already had a birthday week with cards and texts and e-mails arriving over the past few days from friends and family thinking of me.  I love that my birthday seems to extend over a period of weeks as I mark my day with different people in special ways.

My friend Michelle popped by last night and brought me a little something from my favourite store, Crate and Barrel, two beautiful linen tea towels along with the most gorgeous Papyrus card.


Sydney had so much fun unwrapping my gift which then prompted a ten minute conversation on what sorts of gifts she thinks she is going to get from her friends for her birthday coming up in a few weeks.






My day started on such a special note.  I love how Sydney is so aware of the date and whose birthday is when.  She woke up first thing this morning, gave me a kiss on the cheek and said: "Happy Birthday Mommy!" completely unprompted!  She then ran to grab a stack of cards that she has been working on for days for me to give to me.  So precious!



I especially love the envelope where she wrote "Mommy" and "Daddy" and the number 37 and 38. 


A few days ago Syd was playing with my phone and handed it to me and I saw this:


She had typed the entire message all on her own, it was so sweet and I was so proud of her for getting the spelling and sentiment bang on!

Paul gave me the most gorgeous bouquet of coral coloured roses for my birthday.  I absolutely love them and love the fact that they are in the colour that I have been so into lately!  Beautiful!


Paul is also giving me a very special gift this year, a custom made cocktail ring with the most beautiful blue topaz stone in it.  It is at the jewellers being created as we speak, I simply can't wait to see it!

It was a love-filled day today with cards, e-mails, texts and phone calls from friends and family alike.

And lots of special treats too!  My friend Christina gave me a yummy box of Purdy's chocolates:





And Lori popped by with a bag filled with David's tea and Godiva chocolate truffles!






Then at the very end of the day I found a very special present waiting on my front porch from Liz, a beautiful purple Calla Lily plant along with an amazing masterpiece painted by Kaitlyn.







I felt so loved and so spoiled!  

One of the most special things that happened today was reconnecting with an old friend from high school that I had lost touch with over the past while and catching up with her.  It was a memorable way to start a new year!


I always feel a little reflective on my birthday, thinking back to the year that has passed and looking ahead to what this new year will bring.  And at the end of this day, September 30th, each year my heart feels so full of love that it just might burst knowing how many amazing friends and family members I have in my life who enrich my existence in more ways than I can articulate!

It truly was a wonderful day and I am excited to see what amazing things the year ahead holds for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment