Monday 23 September 2013

Treasure Chest



Every so often (okay more than every so often but we'll talk about that later) when I'm out and about, I see something that I know that Sydney will absolutely love.  Today was one of those times.

With the recent addition of a new storage room to our house, I have been in a perpetual purge around here lately getting rid of heaps of things and feeling as though our space is becoming a little less cluttered and overrun with things.

The challenge with keeping it this way is that I love to shop.  I have been practicing great restraint lately trying not to replace the things that I have gotten rid of with new things, but today as I was wandering through Winners I couldn't resist getting a little something for Miss Syd.

I found this treasure chest in the toy area and knew that Syd would love it right away.  From the time she was a baby she has always loved putting things into containers and I knew that this chest would house many an item and store them neatly away all the while bringing her great joy.


She was very excited to get it and when she opened it up she found another little surprise.

A box of brightly coloured and fruit scented nail polish so that we could paint her toenails in the rainbow colours that she loves.


She asked if she could sit out on the front porch for a while in the sun this afternoon with her new items.  It was pretty cute watching her line up the nail polish in the chest and bring other items from the house out to fill it up.

Such a fun way to surprise and delight my girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment