Friday 25 October 2013

All in a Week


There has been plenty of fun times to be had over the past few days and more to come this weekend.  This time of year is a bit of a rush for me, all the planning and social events and busyness.  I love it!

Here's what we've been up to so far this week:

Twilight Tuesday

This past Tuesday Sydney and I went to the Vancouver Aquarium's semi-annual Twilight Tuesday event.  The aquarium opens up for members only for an evening and has all sorts of special activities for the kids and interactive displays. 




This time the kids got to wear their Halloween costumes, it was super cute seeing all the kids running about all dressed up.


Sydney got her hand painted with none other than Nemo after the sheer thrill of seeing him live in the tank!


We did some crafts, watched a concert and saw all of Syd's favourite exhibits.  It was such a great time!



New Ring

I got a call this week from our jeweller letting me know that the ring that Paul had custom made as my birthday present was ready for pick up.



It is absolutely stunning, a 32 carat blue topaz stone set in a chunky cocktail style ring.  I love it!!

30 Minute Hit

I signed up to start a fitness program at 30 minute hit this week.  This great program is a mix of kick boxing, martial arts and self defense all in a circuit style set up that you can crank out in thirty minutes.  I love it!  I picked up my new boxing gloves this week, Syd was pretty thrilled that they were pink!


Fabulous Find

While I was picking up my new boxing gloves, I walked past a store front with the most fabulous green coat in the window.  I popped in to see about it and was thrilled when it fit me perfectly and was on sale too!  Had to have it, wore it today for the first time and got tons of compliments all day on it!


Halloween Treats

My friend Sally is hosting a Halloween party for the Dunbar kids this weekend and all of us chip in to make really great loot bags for the kids.  This year I decided to make orange and black homemade playdough with a cookie cutter inside so Syd and I spent an afternoon hauled up in the kitchen making it this week.




Lunch with My Bro

Syd and I met up with my brother for a belated birthday lunch this week at one of our favourite Japanese restaurants by his office downtown.  Paul gave me the most thoughtful gift, all things I love, coffee, tea, wine and a Sunday brunch cookbook.  What a lovely surprise mid week!


101

This past Tuesday marked what would have been my Grandma's 101st birthday.  It was a crazy day, I was so hoping to do something special to commemorate the day so I spent a few moments at the end of the day flipping through this precious cookbook entitled "Grandma's Goodies".  It is filled with recipes that my Grandma made all throughout her years and my Mom painstakingly typed them all out after she had gone and made a recipe book for each of her granddaughters.  I love looking back at the recipes and remembering all of the sweet love filled treats that Grandma used to make for us!


Present from Grandma

We opened the mailbox today to find a parcel for Sydney inside.  She was so excited to get some mail and couldn't wait to tear the package open.  Inside was a beautiful card and winter hat from Grandma along with a cheque for Syd's birthday.  We are going to have so much fun hitting up the toy store to spend her long awaited birthday money!


Pumpkin Patch

We met up with our friends Christina and Jack this afternoon at Southlands Farm to enjoy a sunny fall day together and let the kids choose a pumpkin from the patch.



What a perfect day it was, we so enjoyed our time there!

Looking forward to a lot of fun events over the next few days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment