Friday 11 October 2013

Playdate & The Potty Fairy


When I was potty training Sydney some two years ago,  I literally trained her to go to the bathroom on the wee potty.  She was so little and obviously way more comfortable there than on the big toilet, so we carried on using it.

Problem was, Sydney refused to use the big toilet anywhere we went and I had to lug her little plastic potty literally everywhere we went!  It was such a pain.  I had many a stand off with her in a public washroom where she refused to use the toilet and I had to run with her squirming in my arms, hoping she wouldn't pee down my leg, to the car to fetch her little potty.

I even bought a special little potty for her to use at preschool all last year.  This September when she started school, I told her that I would not be bringing her potty and that she would have to use the big toilet like all the other children.  She wasn't super happy about it, but eventually started using the toilet just as she was meant to.

This awesome new big girl behaviour has spilled over at home and so tonight, after Sydney fell asleep, the Potty Fairy paid a little visit and took her last remaining potty away forever.


In it's place she left something very special:


It's a vintage Cabbage Patch Kid from 1984 that has been sitting brand new in the box in a closet at Bubbie's house for 30 years and was just begging for someone to love it.


And the Potty Fairy had to leave a note, of course, to let Syd know how proud she was of her and what a big girl she is now!

A whole new chapter begins!  Goodbye little potty, sad to say that I won't be missing you!

This afternoon Sydney's friend Noa came home from preschool with us for a playdate.

The girls had such fun, snacked, played, had a tea party, did a craft and then I painted both their toes in matching rainbow colours.



They were thrilled and especially loved being able to use the hairdryer to dry their wee toes.


What fun!  I love that Syd and Noa are such special friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment