Thursday 17 October 2013

Starbucks Moment


This week is flying by at record speed, mostly because I have been spending nearly the entire work day at Paul's office helping out while his assistant is on vacation.  Sydney has been hanging out with us at the office for most of the afternoon while we're working and has been such a good girl while she's been there.

Today we finished up a bit early so I decided to take her out for a special time together.

Our first stop was at Aunt Em's, our favourite kids shoe store in Kitsilano to get her a desperately needed pair of new runners.  She tried on a few different styles and settled on this sweet pair that light up when she walks:


Then we crossed the street to Starbucks to have a special date to use the gift card that my friend Angela sent me for my birthday.  I got my first ever salted caramel mocha and Syd and I shared a giant gingersnap cookie and a pumpkin cream cheese muffin.


It was lovely!  The sun was streaming in the windows on us as we sat and visited and enjoyed our midday treat!

We made one final stop at Dollarama, Sydney's all time favourite store to get a few art supplies, a new canvas, some bingo dabbers, stickers and a few items for her birthday party coming up next weekend.


All in all a perfectly pleasant afternoon!


No comments:

Post a Comment