Saturday 5 October 2013

Viva Italia!


Yesterday started and ended on a wonderful note.  I met my sister in the morning for what is fast becoming a birthday tradition, brunch at IHOP.  We had a great visit and yummy breakfast together and have decided that we should do this brunch thing more often. Eating out for breakfast is such a treat!

It was a nice way to celebrate the end of my birthday week.  Liane is always incredibly generous and finds gifts that she knows I will love.  This year she gave me two things off of my wish list, a hammered bronze Starbucks coffee mug:


And a set of hot rollers for my hair!  I've long wanted a set but had never gotten around to getting any for myself.  I tried them out later that day and they work great!  Nice to have a simple and easy way to make my hair look fancier than usual!


Yesterday evening my precious group of Dunbar Moms threw the most incredible dinner party for my birthday.  My friend Lori graciously offered up her home to host and they collectively worked to put together an Italian theme dinner!

It was incredible!  I walked into the house to see Lori's dining room set up with the most beautiful table, china and silverware and red, white and green balloons everywhere!



The table was adorned with a vase of the most gorgeous sunflowers and bowls of cherry tomatoes along with small pots of herbs with handmade Italian flags in them that had my picture and "Happy Birthday Susan" written on them.


The girls went to so much work, made an amazing meal, antipasti platter, caprese salad, special breads, five kinds of ravioli and proscuitto wrapped chicken breasts with roasted potatoes and beans for dinner.




Then came dessert....my dear friend Christina made homemade Tiramisu (her Mom's secret recipe, thank you Nona!) and Lori made homemade Pannacotta.



The evening was, in a word, amazing.  I felt so loved and we so enjoyed each other's company and having some special time together.

Sally's husband Allan chose a special bottle of wine for the occasion and got me a little gift that he knew I'd been wanting, a cherry and olive pitter!


The girls totally spoiled me and gave me a gift card to Oakridge along with a teapot and cup from David's tea and an itunes album of an amazing Italian pianist to remember the evening along with a bouquet of sunflowers and some pots of herbs for me to take home.




It was an evening to remember.  These precious Moms mean so much to me and I hope to have them in my life for many, many years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment