Wednesday 20 November 2013

A Little Gift


This morning I met up with my friend Mandy for coffee while Syd was at school.  Mandy and I worked together at Mackenzie Financial for years before I left to have Syd.  Though neither of us are still with the company, we have stayed friends and in touch and have a long history and share many common acquaintances that we love chatting about! 

Mandy never comes for a visit empty handed.  She is such a sweet soul and came today with a pretty pink package for Sydney knowing that she'd just celebrated a birthday.

How exciting it was for Syd to find a present waiting for her when she got home!  She gleefully ripped it open.


To discover all things Hello Kitty and a new 'Go Fish' game which we played at least a dozen times together tonight before bed time.


Syd has been my right hand gal in the kitchen these days, helping me make the main course:


And making up some pretty awesome appetizers of her own:


We took some time this afternoon to make a little craft to give as a gift to her preschool classmates, popsicle stick Mogen Davids which we tucked into a bag along with some Hanukkah gelt and a card. 





It was a fun little project and I loved the end result.



Just noticed today that for the fifth year in a row my Christmas cactus is starting to bloom.  My sister brought it to me in the hospital a few days after Syd was born.  It bloomed then and has every year since.  Always makes me smile!


Speaking of blooming, my friend Christina brought me the most gorgeous bouquet of flowers a few days ago to thank me for watching her son Jack for the evening.  They smell so amazing and are such a welcome pop of colour at this time of year.  I took them down to take some photos of them the other day and Little Miss Syd decided to photobomb my shots....cheeky monkey!


This past weekend we had the pleasure of celebrating Sydney's friend Allegra's 5th birthday party.  Her party was a ballet theme, so beautiful and girly!





Her Mom even hired a live ballerina to do some dancing with the girls who all showed up dressed in their tutus. 


It was such a fabulous party and fun time!  Sydney's first all girls party, shades of things to come perhaps???

Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment