Sunday 24 November 2013

A New Kitchen


In January, one of my new year's resolutions was to tackle the ever-growing list of things that we needed to get done around the house.  We have had a wish list of updates that we've had for quite some time and I was determined that we were going to get a few projects off our list in 2013.  It took me a few months to get cracking but we did manage to finish my beautiful new pantry and this weekend we scratched number two off the list, new appliances for our kitchen.





After six months of looking at appliances and trying to figure out what was best for us, our shiny new stainless steel appliances arrived on our doorstep.  The installers worked late into the day on Friday and came back on Saturday to finish the job up.  I am thrilled with how the kitchen looks, it has a nice industrial feel to it and everything is so new and shiny!






I especially love my new oven as the old one had been on it's last legs for a few months and was driving me crazy!  I am dreaming about all the yummy things that I will be baking in this new oven in the weeks and months to come!

On Saturday afternoon Sydney and I spent a very special time with our Dunbar friends at the Arts Club Theatre's Broadway musical production of Mary Poppins.  It was such a sensational show, amazing choreography and singing and acting.  The highlight of the show was when Mary sailed high above the audience's heads with her umbrella opened wide, the kids were all in awe!


We were so thrilled at how well the kids behaved.  The show was over two hours long with one intermission and they managed to hold it together until the end without too much noise or disruption.  We so enjoyed ourselves!

On Saturday night Paul and I went to the Vancouver Canucks game.  One of Paul's friends gave us tickets as a gift and we had amazing seats about twenty rows back from the ice.  The Canucks were playing their arch rivals, the Chicago Blackhawks, we were sad to see them lose 2-1.  It was very fun to have an evening out together and Syd enjoyed spending some time with a new babysitter, Megan who has been a substitute teacher for her preschool class several times.



This afternoon I met up with my friends Sally and Lori for high tea at the Butter Tea Room.  What a lovely way to enjoy a Sunday afternoon.   We so enjoyed the delicious sandwiches, scones and desserts and the lovely tea!


It has been a very wonderful few days filled with so many fun and memorable things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment