Tuesday 26 November 2013

Latkes and Cookies


I have spent the past two mornings in Sydney's preschool classroom cooking and baking in preparation for their annual Hanukkah party which is happening this Friday.  It is such a pleasure being in class with the kids and helping them with an activity.  I love that they all know me so well and treat me like one of the teachers!  I must somehow fit right in in class as I've often had people ask me if I work at the preshool!

Monday morning I joined a group of four Moms to make latkes.  Christine, Joanne, Jennifer and I worked diligently grating and mixing, flipping and frying until we had the most beautiful latkes for the children.

Unfortunately I misplaced the memory card in my camera and have no photos of the actual event, but for the third year running I had the best time creating this special Hanukkah treat.

This morning I set up a baking station in the class and made sugar cookies with the children in the shapes of stars, dreidels and menorahs.  The kids had such fun rolling out the dough, cutting the shapes and topping them with sprinkles and star shaped toppings.



What a great memory together with Sydney and her classmates.

We stopped by this week to see our friends Lauren and Jonathan and their new baby Jacob for a quick visit.  Lauren had just baked a batch of her own sugar cookies and sent us home with a little package.  So yummy!


I am so loving all of my new kitchen appliances!  Tried my oven out for the first time tonight, made a lovely turkey breast roast for dinner and it was cooked to perfection!  Amazing how much something new can make a difference!


Sydney decided she was going to pack her own lunch for school tomorrow tonight.  She carefully chose all the things that she wanted to go inside and then both Daddy and I wrote a special little surprise note for her for inside her lunch kit and tucked them inside.



Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment