Thursday 5 December 2013

Eight Night


So last night we finished up a lovely Hanukkah celebration by lighting the eighth candle.  I was feeling a bit weary all day as my friend Lori and I had decided to do a Christmas baking night together the night before and baked until the wee hours of the morning.  We worked like machines and had a great productive time, but boy we were both feeling it the next day!

Sydney was so excited to light all the candles in the menorah.  I really love that she's lighting the candles herself this year and knows the blessing off by heart.


I ordered Sydney a wooden Kidkraft Hanukkah set this year hoping that it would arrive in time for Hanukkah.  Wouldn't you know it but it arrived on the very last day!  She enjoyed it never the less but I can't wait for next year when she can add candles herself to her very own personal menorah!


My friend Lori sent me home with a special little gift for Syd, a magnetic storyboard.  She was so happy to see something waiting for her on the counter when she came downstairs in the morning.  I've tucked it away for the plane ride to Maui coming up very shortly!



Her final present was a bag stuffed with handmade butterfly princess costume gear.  A dress, hat, wand and head band.  She looked so sweet in it and Daddy "flew" her all around the house wearing her new dress up stuff.


What a wonderful celebration it was, so many lovely memories with my sweet girl.

Paul brought home another great treat today from the office, a beautiful huge edible arrangement!  We so enjoyed snacking on the fruit, especially the chocolate covered strawberries and apples.  What a nice fresh treat on a frosty December day!



I am off to Suncadia for the weekend tomorrow with some of my Mom friends, my first time ever away from Sydney overnight!  Am so excited to have some time with my Moms and to relax and recharge my battery!

Hope you have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment