Friday 21 February 2014

A New Guitar


Early Thursday morning after dropping Sydney off at school I drove out to Point Roberts to fetch some parcels that I had waiting for me there.  One of them held something very special for Sydney, a guitar.

Syd has always loved music, singing and playing instruments.  She has a little ukelele that we picked up in Hawaii years ago but I thought it would be fun to get her a proper guitar to play and see if she liked it or not.

It couldn't have been any more of a hit!  She was thrilled to see this bright blue baby come out of the box and has been strumming away on it ever since!  She and Daddy have been having a few jam sessions together, it's super cute!


The funny thing was this morning at the community Shabbat at school the class that was leading the singing had a guitar and the children were taking turns playing it!  Syd was pretty happy to see it!


Sydney's preschool class has been doing the helper of the day again this month.  Sydney put in a special request to be the helper on Shabbat and this morning her wish was granted!  She was laughing with glee when we got to school this morning and saw her name written on the whiteboard outside the classroom!


Twice this week Sydney has gone for playdates with friends from school for the afternoon which has meant that I have had two full days to myself!  It has given me a glimpse into what my life will look like once she's in full day Kindergarten!

So I took the opportunity to do a little shopping and have found a few great things for my wardrobe and some fun things on sale including these bejewelled pink purses from Banana Republic that were on sale for $4 each!  I bought a bunch of them to save for Sydney and her girlfriends and am brainstorming about how to plan a special occasion around giving them to them!


I met up with my brother on Thursday afternoon to go out for lunch to celebrate his birthday.  We hit up Scoozi's restaurant downtown, a great Greek joint and enjoyed some delicious food and a great visit together.


Sydney spent Thursday afternoon at her friend Noa's house, in fact her brand new house!  Her family has just finished building the most awesome home, it is so beautiful and I was thrilled to see the finished product at long last when I went to pick Syd up!

We have enjoyed a little playtime at the park this week while the sun has been out shining.  Bright and cool days, so nice! We met up with our friends Sarah and Emma and some friends of theirs at the park for a play yesterday too.


This morning my friend Jennifer and I got together for brunch at Heirloom Restaurant to celebrate the fact that both of our girls are going to be in school together this fall.  We were thrilled to both be accepted into the same school and are so looking forward to building on the friendship that Sydney and Julia have established already in preschool.


We had a special time celebrating Shabbat together as a family tonight.  As time goes on I am loving this tradition more and more and can see how meaningful it is becoming to Sydney to prepare for and celebrate Shabbat together as a family.




It's hard to believe that we are at the end of another week already.  They mysteriously seem to be picking up speed these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment