Friday 28 February 2014

Wrapping up the Week


Here we are at the last day of February.  I have just merrily flipped all our of calendars to March, anxious for some warmer weather and fun times ahead, but a wee bit wistful at how quickly the weeks and months are flying by.  Ready or not we are headed into the last quarter of preschool for Sydney and the countdown's on until Kindergarten starts in the fall.  It all feels a little surreal.

We've had a great couple of days.  Sydney has had some good play time with a couple of friends.

Jack spent the afternoon with us yesterday while his Mom was working.  I picked Jack up from preschool and brought him to Sydney's school to pick her up a bit later.  Syd saw Jack through the door and yelled out "Jack!" in the happiest voice ever as she bounced around loudly announcing that her buddy was here to play with her for the afternoon!

(Photo courtesy of Sydney who routinely hijacks my camera and takes pictures without me knowing!  I never know what I might find when I upload my shots!)

Christina brought Syd and I the most gorgeous bouquet of purple tulips to thank us for watching Jack, Sydney trimmed each one and placed them in a vase all on her own!


This afternoon we had Sydney's class mate Sophie over for a play.  The girls had a great time working on various activities but all roads lead to the nail polish and the girls took turns painting each other's toes!  It was pretty precious.


Syd and I had such a lovely late afternoon today working together getting things set for Shabbat dinner.  We made homemade challah and Sydney did the entire egg wash herself, beat the egg and then brushed it on with great precision, I didn't even need to touch up after she was done!




I love how excited Syd gets for Shabbat dinner, it is slowly becoming a precious part of our family tradition.

Sydney has been busy as ever making some beautiful works of art both at school and home.  Here's some of her latest:

Bingo Blotter Art

Template for her Self Portrait at Art Class

New Set of Paints at Home

Reminds me of Cherry Blossoms

If you look closely you'll see the title and first line of Chicka, Chicka Boom Boom, one of her favourite books!



A happy end to a happy week!


No comments:

Post a Comment