Saturday 19 April 2014

Good Friday Photoshoot


For the third year running we had a lovely sunny Good Friday and I walked Sydney next door to our neighbour's garden for her annual photo shoot.

The flowers were blooming and she happily posed for several shots for me before deciding that she'd had enough and wanted to play in the back yard.





In the end I got some great shots and was happy for even a few moments of co-operation.

This week has brought me new founded respect for working Moms.  I spent the week covering for Paul's receptionist who was away on vacation.  The timing was a bit ill as Sydney also had the week off of school, so I had to drop her off at a different friend's house every day this week as my Mom friends graciously offered to watch her while I had to work.

Sydney was such a rock star all week!  She did so well at each home that she spent time with and all of the Moms, Amanda, Lori and Christina, had glowing reports of what a good girl she was and what a pleasure it was to have her over.  I couldn't have been prouder!  My little girl rose to the change and had a great week playing with friends in the end.

By the time Thursday night rolled around I was pooped and ready for some rest!  It was a busy week that didn't leave much time for blog entries or anything else!  This week also brought the start of Passover, we so enjoyed another wonderful Seder shared with friends and family at our friend Lynne and Rodney's home.  Sydney was very cute this year, loudly singing 'Dayenu' and asking to help light the candles to start the Seder!

My Mom arrived in town on Thursday evening and will be accompanying Sydney and I to Disneyland next week!  We are so excited for this very fun trip with Grandma!


We have had a much needed quiet couple of days at home to start the long weekend off, catching up on things around the house, running errands and getting ourselves organized.

We took a little trip to Walmart this afternoon to pick up some new storage drawer towers for Sydney's "office" which is set up in our kitchen.  It was looking more like a junk heap than an actual work space so Sydney methodically went through all of her supplies today, deciding what she wanted to keep and get rid of and organized it all into drawers.




The final result was so lovely, everything neatly put away in it's space and tucked into drawers.  Made me so happy and Syd was thrilled too!

It felt nice to do some sorting and organizing today, something that's been on my list for quite some time!

Looking forward to another two full days together this long weekend, hope you're having a lovely Easter weekend too!

No comments:

Post a Comment