Sunday 4 May 2014

Watching the Days Float By

 
It feels as though the days are just floating away lately.  I simply can't believe that it is already the fourth of May! 


Sydney and I have had a wonderful few days with a few highlights.

On Thursday after school we met up with Sydney's preschool buddy Sophia along with her Mom and baby sister Lily and went for high tea at the Butter Tea Room.  Sydney and I do so love high tea and we were so excited to share one of our favourite spots to have tea with our friends.
 




The girls were very sweet sipping tea and so thrilled to each have their own 'tower' of treats!


It was a wonderful day, Thursday.  Not only did I get to have high tea with my best girl but I also met up with my friend Lori in the morning for an impromptu pedicure.

We had a great visit over painted toes!

I felt so relaxed and pampered after that I hit up one of my favourite clothing stores in Vancouver, Twist Fashions, and got myself some new fun and fashionable things for the spring and summer season.  Felt great to get some new clothes!


Then later that evening, while Syd was asleep I walked up the street to my friend Christina's house to snuggle up on her patio and enjoy a few glasses of wine on what felt like a warm, summer evening.  What a pampered day I had!


I worked at Paul's office on Friday covering for his assistant who had the day off.  I so enjoy having the chance to work a day here and there, connecting with patients from the past and honing my skills that not so long ago seemed like a reflex.


When I picked Sydney up from school on Friday she had a very special gift bag in hand from Emmy.  Emmy is her preschool teacher Jen's daughter and she is the same age as Sydney.  She and Syd have developed a friendship and are often exchanging little gifts and notes with each other.  Emmy gave Sydney a very special gift, a stationary set and a set of markers and colouring pages.  Sydney was thrilled!



Paul went out for a walk early Saturday morning and came back with a little surprise for Sydney and me.  Our first lilac bouquet of the season.



I can't express in words how much I love the fragrant scent of lilacs!  My entire kitchen is filled with their sweet smell as we speak, it all at once reminds me of being a little girl and out in my own garden!


Saturday afternoon was Sydney's very first tennis lesson at the Dunbar Community Centre.  I wasn't sure how it was going to go but she seemed to really love it and take quite naturally to it.  We were merrily working along about twenty minutes into the lesson when suddenly the clouds erupted and it literally poured sheets of rain, absolutely flooding the tennis courts.  Needless to say we had to call it a day and will hope for better weather next week!


We headed straight from tennis to our friend Kaitlyn's house where we shared the most special time with her celebrating her birthday with a Frozen themed party.






 


It was absolutely magical when Princess Elsa walked through the door and greeted the children.  She read them a story, played games with them, sang the songs from the movie, did princess makeup for the girls and gave them wishing powder to make a wish before she left.


It was an amazing time and one that both Sydney and I won't soon forget! 


The birthday celebrations just continued along into today where we celebrated two of Sydney's preschool buddies birthdays together.  Happy birthday Cathy and Nico!






We met at the Hillcrest Community Centre where the kids enjoyed playing Sportball before heading to the party room for lunch and cake.


It's always such a treat to see the preschool children on the weekend and especially meaningful now as we are so close to the end of the school year!

Sydney has been busy during her moments at home this weekend, painting up a storm:

Making pizza with Mommy and watching it diligently to make sure it didn't burn:

And doing her own little manicure and pedicure, gotta love it!

Happy May to you, hope spring has sprung wherever you are!  

No comments:

Post a Comment