Monday 28 July 2014

A Trip to Burns Lake


Sydney and I spent the end of last week on a little trip away to Burns Lake, the town in Northern BC where I grew up.  It was the first time that I had taken Sydney to my home town and it was so neat to be able to show her the house where I grew up, where I went to Kindergarten and all of my old stomping grounds!

Syd loved the plane ride up.  She really is becoming quite a great traveller!


When we arrived my Mom showed Sydney her room that was all made up for her including a very special basket filled with toys, games and crafts for Syd to enjoy during her visit.



We took Sydney out for a stroll to the park the first night we arrived and walked past my Grandma's house along the way.  I have a million beautiful memories within the walls of this home that now belongs to someone else.


Syd loved finding the most giant dandelions along the way.



And thouroughly enjoyed the playground too.


We spent some time at the beach and play area there the following day and in the days to come.  Spirit Square at Radley Beach fast became one of her favourite places in all of Burns Lake.



One of the very special things that we got to do while we were home was to visit my best friend Brandie at her new property that she has converted into a farm and kennel.


I was so proud of her seeing what an amazing business she has built and what an incredible homestead she has created.


Sydney had the best time jumping on the tramp with Brandie's step daughter Payntonne.


Before we went on the grand tour of the farm and met all the animals one by one.




Brandie has always dreamed of having her own horses and it was incredible to see that dream finally come true for her, complete with her very own tack room!!

We also had the chance to visit with my Uncle Bill and my cousins who, coincidentally, were up in Burns Lake visiting from Squamish at the same time as Sydney and I.

We had a delicious steak barbecue together and I took some time to go for a walk around his property and garden after dinner admiring what a beautiful home and surrounding he has.






We flew home just in time to enjoy a gorgeous Sunday with Daddy.


Menchie's time!




Kits Farmers Market


Beach BBQ with the Dunbar families


What a nice time away it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment