Sunday 28 September 2014

A Birthday Celebration


This weekend I got together with my precious group of Dunbar Mommas to celebrate my 39th birthday which is coming up in a couple of days.  I had put in a special request to head out to a lovely Langley winery, Domaine de Chaberton, for a birthday lunch so we all piled into Christina's car and headed out to Langley for the most beautiful afternoon together.


The winery was beautiful, leaves changing colour and beautiful vines to overlook from the dining room.  We enjoyed a beautiful meal paired with glasses of wine from the winery and had a lovely visit together for the first time in what seemed like forever.


The ladies gave me a very special gift this year, a recipe box filled with all of their favourite recipes hand written on beautiful cards along with a hand written card from each of them expressing how much they each loved me.  It was so precious!  In the bottom of the box was a gift certificate for Etsy, one of my favourite online shops, I can't wait to spend it!


What a beautiful time together celebrating my birthday.  I felt so special and loved.

After lunch we headed to the wine shop for a wine tasting and came home with a few bottles each of our favourite wine.  It was delightful!


Sydney decided that she was going to paint my new recipe box this morning, she did the most amazing job!!


When I arrived home from lunch Sydney came running to the front door with a gift bag that she had put together all on her own with a card and a little gift for me.  She and Daddy had popped to the Body Shop together while I was out so that she could buy me a little something, a super yummy smelling strawberry bath set.  It was so sweet to see how she had put it all together!


Sydney is obsessed with leaves these days, she collects them by the bag fulls and is enjoying making many new fall crafts.



I took a few moments out this week to head to a shop I rarely get to, Pier 1 Imports, to spend the birthday money that my Mom and Dad sent me in the mail.

I had such fun looking around the shop at all of the gorgeous things and came away with four beautiful things for myself, a new bumble bee mug for my tea, a gorgeous turquoise scarf and earrings to match and a new journal.


This week we so enjoyed celebrating Rosh Hashanah together with Paul's family and friends at the synagogue.  We had dinner at Danny and Heidi's home and lunch at Elaine's house both days after services.  It was meaningful to spend time with family this year.



Syd's school had their very own Terry Fox run this week at school.  Syd loved that she could wear her exercise clothes to school instead of her uniform and had great fun practicing her running in the back yard.




This weekend has been about rest and recovery after a long and busy week with another one ahead! 

No comments:

Post a Comment