Tuesday 16 September 2014

No Bake Energy Bites


With Sydney starting full days of Kindergarten I've been spending some time thinking about things that I can include in her lunch that are healthy and will keep her full and going for the six hours while she's at school.

Sydney is such a grazer.  She rarely eats a full meal, instead loves to snack on a different variety of food throughout the day.  She'll have a bowl of strawberries, then a few pieces of chicken, a slice of cheese a few minutes later, a handful of crackers and a yogurt tube over a period of about an hour and a half.  At the end of the day she's definitely getting something from every food group but it's hard to keep her grazing when she's in a classroom environment all day!

So I hit up the internet in search of new and interesting things that I could give her to eat and came across this great recipe for No-Bake Energy Bites.


These super simple treats are made from simple yet healthy ingredients and combined make a yummy treat that Syd can eat at any given point in the day.


Next time I make them I'm using WOW Butter instead of real peanut butter so that I can actually send them to school, the nut-free zone!

Here's the link to the recipe if you want to try them yourself, they are pretty delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment