Thursday 18 September 2014

Transitioning


This week has been about a lot of transitioning for Sydney as she adjusts to going to full days of school.  I had envisioned the week being a quiet one where we got into bed early, had lots of leisurely time together before and after school and found our groove with this new schedule.  The best laid plans...it wasn't exactly that way.  There were three events that I had to attend at the school, plus workouts that I had to make up from the beginning of the month, a friend in town that I wanted to connect with, the start of Syd's swimming lessons and still working full days at Paul's office while we search for a new staff member.


My head is spinning with all that I've had to accomplish this week.  And as luck would have it, Sydney caught her first cold of the season too.  She is tired both from not feeling 100% and the long days at school.  It's been a full week that has left me wondering, is this going to be my life going forward with a school aged child, or are we just finding our footing?  Time will tell.


Last night I attended a session at Sydney's school with her teachers where they explained their curriculum and showed us what a day in her classroom looks like.  They weaved photos of the school day into the entire presentation and I was so happy to see Syd in so many of them, content and engaged and busily working away on projects and with her classmates.  It warms my heart to know that she is somewhere where she is happy and nurtured.

Syd came home with this note from school the other day that she had written:





"To Mommy + Daddy + Zach

 I love you Mommy + Daddy
Miss U Mommy
Love You Mommy
Love Sydney"

Sweet girl, she's thinking about me as much as I'm thinking about her throughout the day while we're apart!

No comments:

Post a Comment