Sunday 5 October 2014

Fall Days


I have to admit that since Sydney has started Kindergarten the weekends have taken on a whole new meaning.  After years of enjoying having full days together with Sydney to write as we pleased, I now treasure two full days with Syd at the end of the week to just hang out.  Suddenly being in our pajamas at 10:00 in the morning is such a special treat as is taking as long as we want to wander around the neighborhood collecting leaves and enjoying a perfect fall day.

This is what our neighborhood looked like this afternoon:







Sydney and I had barely left the front door when she spotted the most giant mushrooms growing in our front yard.






She was thrilled!


Last weekend my sweet friend Christina left a bucket of freshly baked banana chocolate chip muffins on our front porch early Sunday morning.  It was such a lovely treat and I've had the bucket sitting on the kitchen table ready to return to her for a few days.  Sydney couldn't resist using the bucket as her leaf collector for our nature walk this afternoon.




Which inevitably ended up with a trip to the playground at the end of our street on the way home.


I was just looking over pictures of our weekend and let out a happy sigh.  It really was a good, fun weekend with lots of great memories along the way.

On Friday afternoon I met up with my sister for a special birthday lunch at Biercraft restaurant, a local haunt that I've been wanting to try forever!


We enjoyed a delicious lunch and an even more precious visit together.

Liane gave me the most beautiful box of David's tea as a birthday gift.  I just love all the little tins and am so excited to have some of my old favourites restocked and to try some new ones!


It was the perfect compliment to the beautiful bag of tea, chocolate and biscuits that my friend Lori left on my front porch this week to wish me a happy birthday.  I foresee some great tea parties in the future for Sydney and I!


Friday evening we joined Zach and his mom at the synagogue for the Kol Nidre service.  It is a long and late service and Sydney did so well, holding out as long as she possibly could before we had to head home.

Sydney enjoyed another great art class on Saturday morning, finishing off her canvas which included some splatter toothbrush painting.  She was covered head to toe in paint by the time she was done!


We had another riding lesson on Saturday afternoon as well, the farm was all decked out for fall with pumpkins everywhere!





We couldn't possibly leave without one for Sydney.


Which she promptly asked me to carve open so that she could scoop all the seeds out.  We enjoyed roasting them and having them for a snack.


This morning we joined Sydney's classmate Elizabeth at the Choices market in Kerrisdale to sell raffle tickets for Sydney's school.  The girls had a great time and I was so proud of Sydney talking to perfect strangers telling them that she was selling tickets for her school and that they cost 'five bucks.'  She sold almost her entire booklet during her shift, it was such fun!


Sydney's greatest request for today was to go to the family swim at Aquaventures so we obliged and took her to the pool for the afternoon.  She had such a blast diving and splashing in the pool until she was exhausted.

We headed to Granville Island for some lunch afterwards to enjoy the beautiful, sunny day. 

It was a nice weekend, lots of great time together, I feel content.


No comments:

Post a Comment