Sunday 30 November 2014

Snowy Weekend

Late Friday night after everyone had gone to sleep it began to snow.  Here's what we woke up to on Saturday morning:



Sydney was so excited when she woke up and saw snow covering everything.  She ran from window to window giving us a play by play of everything she saw that was covered in snow.  It was so sweet.

So even before I got out of my PJ's she and I went into the backyard bundled in our warmest coats to play.  Syd loved shovelling the snow the best and took great pride in telling me that this is what Grandma has to do all winter long!



Syd has been battling a nasty cold for the past week so I took the snow and her sniffles as an excuse to have lots of quiet indoor time at home together.  Syd decided to crack out a few of the birthday presents that she got from her class party this past weekend.

Her friend Olivia gave her a 'Make Your Own Bath Fizzies' kit.  Syd had great fun trying her hand at making them, a fun and easy project!



She also had the best time working on the Hama beads that her friend Grace gave her and completed all three shapes in the set!


A few days back Sydney's class had another special lunch together where they made dishes from the fruit and vegetables that they harvested from the school garden.  The kids were so thrilled to have chocolate zucchini cake so I promised Syd that we would make some too so we took some time to whip one up.


We also got a few more Hanukkah decorations out, our house is looking so festive!


I always feel so wistful when my Christmas cactus blooms at this time of year.  My sister brought this little plant to me when I was in the hospital right after I'd had Syd and every year it blooms sometime between Syd's birthday and Christmas.  It's well on it's way this year, gorgeous!


Syd has been asking me for the past several weeks if she could move her "office", her little table and chairs along with various office supplies, to her bedroom.  We took a little time this weekend to rearrange a few things in her bedroom to make this possible.  She couldn't be happier!


Moving Syd's little table out of my upstairs office gave me a little more room to expand my ever growing Santa's Workshop as it becomes at this time of year!


Sydney's buddy Weston gave her the game Zingo for her birthday a few weeks back.  Sydney loves this game so much and plays it literally every single day with me before bedtime.  The other day I found her playing it by herself, lining all the cards up in pairs.  It was so cute!


We made it to a frosty horseback riding lesson on Saturday afternoon.


The farm was a little magical all covered in snow!


Followed by a time together taking in Disney on Ice.  What a great show!  We loved it!


It was a nice weekend, the slow pace seemed to be exactly what we all needed at the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment