Wednesday 31 December 2014

Forty Things


In exactly 24 hours it will be 2015, the year I turn 40.  I have spent some time over the past couple of months thinking about his monumental year and how I would like to make it one to remember.  I decided that I would make a list: "Forty Things to Accomplish in My 40th Year" to inspire me to live a year with passion and purpose with a hearty serving of fun on the side.

Many things on my list are little, they could be accomplished in an afternoon or within a few hours, some are bigger goals.  I hope to share many of the experiences with friends and family along the way as I usher in a new decade of life.

So now, without further ado, my list.

Forty Things to Accomplish in my 40th Year

1)  Run a 10K Race
2)  Take Adult Swimming lessons
3)  Re-Read a Childhood Favourite Novel
4)  Try Hot Yoga
5)  Go to Palm Springs
6)  Overnight trip to the states for no other reason than to shop!
7)  Sign up for classes at the synagogue
8)  Find a new housekeeper and relinquish cleaning duties
9)  Learn to Knit
10) Find an Evening Babysitter so Paul and I can get some time alone!
11) Plant a veggie container garden
12) Ride a Horse
13) Build a Terrarium
14) Take Sydney back to Disneyland
15) Spend a Saturday morning garage sailing
16) Make Sydney a '10 Things I Love about You' Book
17) Learn how to properly apply eye makeup
18) Buy myself a huge bouquet of flowers for no reason
19) Take an ipad class at the Apple Store
20) Buy a case of wine at the liquor store, 12 different bottles I've never tried before
21) Stay overnight at a hotel in downtown Vancouver with a girlfriend just for fun
22) Get a facial
23) Get a mammogram
24) Upgrade my iphone at long last!
25) Paint a complete canvas
26) Make bread from scratch without the help of my breadmaker
27) Redecorate my home office
28) Read Psalms from beginning to end
29) Take Syd on a road trip
30) Write a letter to someone who positively impacted my life
31) Do the Grouse Grind
32) Take my Mom out for an amazing dinner
33) Go away overnight just me and Paul (for the first time since Syd's been born I might add!)
34) Read a hand written letter from my Grandma that have been tucked away since she passed away
35) Splurge on 5 tins of David's Tea that I've never tried before
36) Write a poem
37) Spend a special time at the spa with a girlfriend
38) Buy a designer handbag that's not from the outlets
39) Hand write and mail cards to five of my favourite friends to tell them how much I love them
40) Get my hair done at Blo on a random weekday for no reason followed by lunch out

So there it is!  I had every intention of keeping this list to myself, tucked quietly away as I independently worked on checking items off my list but then I realized how much greater it would be to share it with those who love me so that they could participate in the joy of my year too.

Welcome 2015, may you be one of the greatest years I've had yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment