Tuesday 20 January 2015

Charlie and The Chocolate Factory

I am happy to report that I have scratched #2 off of my bucket list of '40 things to accomplish in my 40th year.'  One of the things I wanted to do was to re-read a childhood favourite book and this week a beautiful hardcover copy of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory arrived in the mail.


I cracked it open at 9:30pm last night and was finished by 11:00pm.   I actually can't remember the last time I finished a chapter book, meant for children or not, from start to finish in one single sitting.  In fact, I'm not sure I've ever done it before! 

I so enjoyed this book and could vividly remember the images in my mind and emotion that I felt as a child reading this for the first time in elementary school.  I was so excited when Charlie opened that chocolate bar and saw that winning golden ticket!  For a moment I was nine years old again, it was a beautiful thing!

We had a lovely weekend celebrating with two of Sydney's friends as they welcomed another birthday. 


Our dear buddy Jack turned five years old and celebrated by welcoming Mike the Critter Guy to his home to bring all sorts of amazing creatures for his friends to see.


I especially loved seeing the tarantula clinging to his Spiderman jacket, how fitting!

We also celebrated Leo's 6th birthday at the BC Sports Hall of Fame on Sunday.  What a great venue for the kids, they had such fun playing in the games room, going on a tour and scavenger hunt and having lunch and cake in the party room.


I loved connecting with friends for the first time this new year and catching up with many beloved Mommas!

Here's a few other special moments from the last few days:

Menchie's Time!


Syd and I made a special stop for ice cream on the way home from school the other day just for fun!  I love how much more I heard about her school day over a bowl of ice cream than I would have otherwise!

Artwork

For the first time in quite a while Sydney brought me home some very special paintings from school last week.  I love the caption on one "To Mommy, I love you Momma.  I hope you have a good day.  Love, Sydney"  So sweet!





Chess


Sydney is learning to play chess at school this term and I am volunteering to help in class and learn alongside her and her classmates.  She brought home her very own chess set this week so that we can practice together at home.

Shabbat

We have brought back the wonderful celebration of Shabbat to our home this year after a few week's break during our vacation and the crazy month of December!   It has been very special time together!


Kiwi Crate





Sydney is loving her Kiwi Crates more than ever these days!  This month's theme was all about baking, we made a foam cake and frosted it with air dry clay before decorating it and also got to custom colour a chef hat and apron.  Syd had a blast with both activities!


No comments:

Post a Comment