Wednesday 14 January 2015

Swimming

Being in Hawaii for two weeks is great for many reasons, not the least of which is that Sydney literally gets to go swimming every day.  It's amazing to see how much her skills improve after a stretch of practicing every day!

Yesterday was Sydney's first swim class of the year.  She had a favourite instructor this time, Kaori.  We were thrilled when her classmate and one of her favourite friends from school, Lily, walked through the doors and we discovered that she and Sydney were coincidentally registered in the same class!


The girls had such fun together in the pool and I was so impressed by the length that Syd was swimming, her great back swims and ability to flip from her front to back.  She is well on her way to being a great swimmer one day!


I am happy to report that I have checked the first item off of my "40 Things" list. I actually accomplished it while we were in Hawaii, I bought a beautiful designer handbag from Folli Follie in the brightest, most cheerful yellow which I love.


Many thanks to my friend Sarah for introducing me to this amazing store with her gift of beautiful hoop earrings from Folli Follie for my birthday.  I'm sure I'll be back to add more to my collection, loved many, many things in their store!


The past few days have been slow and easy as Syd transitions back into full days at school and I find my footing between taking time for myself, helping out at Paul's office and keeping up with things at home.  It feels great to have a bit of time to myself and to not be busily rushing about.  Am enjoying it for the moment, knowing it won't last long!

No comments:

Post a Comment