Tuesday 10 March 2015

March Musings


We are a few short days away from the start of Sydney's spring break.  The timing is great, I think we are all feeling as though we need a little bit of a break in routine, it's been a busy term at school and at home!


Several weeks ago when I was looking ahead at my calendar thinking about spring break I asked Sydney if she wanted to do any spring break camps or go away on a trip anywhere.  She shook her head and replied: "I don't want to do anything Mom, I just want to hang out with you!"  So she got her wish.  We are going to have a staycation right here at home enjoying all that our city has to offer and doing some of Sydney's most favourite things together.

Sydney often asks me at the end of the day what I did all day while she is in school.  Sometimes my days are so busy running from one place to another that I can hardly remember what I did to tell her.  So I decided to open an Instagram account just for her to document my travels throughout the day.  Feel free to follow my feed here if you want to see what a day in the life of Susan looks like!

I had the pleasure of tagging along with Sydney's class last Wednesday on a field trip to Carousel Theatre for Young People to see the play Shakespearean Rhapsody.  It was such fun seeing how excited Sydney and her classmates were to be going on a field trip and to watch them laugh and enjoy the show.

Coincidentally, I had bought Sydney and I tickets to the exact same show for this past Sunday so we decided to make a playdate of it and took Sydney's friend Julia with us to see it again.  The girls had fun visiting and having ice cream in the sun after the show. 

Julia's Mom gave me the most beautiful spring planter to thank me for taking Julia to the play, it was so lovely!



Sydney has been busy as usual in the kitchen these days preparing appetizers for dinner.  The other night she made a salad with snow beans (snow peas but she likes to call them snow beans!), cucumber and blueberries with a dressing of Italian salad dressing and cumin.  She even heaped a pile of cumin on the side for dipping.  I love watching her create a dish and work on her plating skills.  I think I may have a chef in the making on my hands.


Syd came home with an art file stuffed with some beautiful paintings from school the other day.  She absolutely loves rainbows and made some gorgeous ones.  I especially love the ones she made with her little fingerprints!






We had the pleasure of celebrating her classmate Jaime and Ryan's 6th birthdays this weekend at the Arbutus Club.  The kids had a wonderful time playing on the huge bouncy castle and with the riding toys in the gym before having pizza, snacks and cake in the party room.

Sydney came home with a Hello Kitty bag filled with fun trinkets to enjoy.  It was fun to see her classmates on the weekend outside of school!


We have been enjoying one of the most beautiful sunny stretches of weather that I can ever remember for this time of year lately.  We have had one sunny, blue sky day after another and yesterday the temperatures reached up to 17 degrees!  It is amazing!  Sadly the local ski hills have absolutely no snow at all so Sydney's ski lessons have been cut short but we aren't complaining!

Hope that March has been good to you wherever you are!


No comments:

Post a Comment