Tuesday 5 May 2015

Enjoying our Garden


Here we are, five days into May and I can already taste summer a little.  The days are getting warmer and longer and I'm longing for a little downtime in our backyard soaking up the sun. 

Sydney and I had a fun time this past weekend getting all of our planting done in the garden.  We were up with the birds at 6:30am on Sunday morning and out the door immediately to the Stongs garden sale which happens every year on the first Sunday of May. 

We had the best time wandering up and down the aisles looking at all of the plants and I let Syd choose whatever she wanted for her vegetable, herb and flower gardens.

We gathered everything we needed and spent the morning planting.

I absolutely love her new veggie container garden planted in a Veg Trug from Lee Valley.  Sydney planted fennel, kale, broccoli, Swiss chard, green lettuce, red lettuce, red bell pepper and spinach.




Here's her sweet herb garden.


And her flowers, pansies and marigolds in bright yellow containers.


We also planted a cherry tomato plant that we got in our takeaway bag from Weston and Gwen's party and a strawberry plant.


We got our geraniums in this weekend too, love how bright and cheerful they make our backyard look.



And speaking of cheerful, nothing makes me happier than to see how amazing my lilac bush looks this year!  It is bigger and with more blooms than ever before!



I couldn't resist cutting myself a bouquet for my kitchen to enjoy.


We are truly enjoying our garden this year and looking forward to many long summer days enjoying all that we've planted.


No comments:

Post a Comment